St Cuthberts Church
St Cuthbert’s Church is a Grade II listed building. It is plain and typical of a stone structure built in 1832 to accommodate up to 200 people.
There are no longer burials in the churchyard, but there is a new cemetery at the end of the village.
St Cuthbert’s is a country parish of linear development stretching from the Four Lane Ends near Escomb, to Windmill and Morley. It covers an area of 10 square miles and is situated three miles west of Bishop Auckland. It has a population of approximately 2500.
The church is one of a group of 4 churches; The Saxon Church, Escomb serving the parishes of Escomb and Witton Park; St Cuthbert’s Church, Etherley, St James’ Church, Hamsterley and St. Philip and St. James’ Church, Witton-Le-Wear.
Easter Sunday Service
Sunday 4th April at 9.15am
All are warmly welcome to join the congregation for this special occasion
Due to Covid restrictions places are limited
Please contact Mr Barrie Kirton - telephone 01388 833118 to make a reservation
Your Church Representatives:
Priest in Charge: Vacant Post
Assisted by: Revd Linda Dodds and Revd Canon Trevor Pitt
Churchwarden: Mr Barrie Kirton
Churchwarden: Mrs Elizabeth Jude – telephone 07929 718894
Treasurer: Mr Barrie Kirton - telephone 01388 833118
Secretary: Mrs Cynthia Knight
Floral arrangements & displays: Mrs Margaret Metcalf
Publicity/Website E: firstname.lastname@example.org Mr Terry Robinson 07766 855358
Our Facebook page is also now live and we will be posting information about our church actives and the weekly pew sheet on our page. https://www.facebook.com/St-Cuthberts-Church-913343945421483/Contact Details
Our website can be accessed using this link: stcuthbertsetherley.co.uk/