Durham County Elections for County Councillor, Parish or Town Councillor or for the role of
Police and Crime Commissioner take place on
Thursday 6th May 2021
You still have time to apply for a postal vote - The deadline to apply for a postal vote is 5pm on Tuesday 20th April. You must also be registered to vote by midnight on Monday 19 April.
For more information visit:
Please find below the official Notice of Election of Parish Councillors for Etherley Parish:
Election of Parish Councillors for
1. An election is to be held of Eleven Councillor(s) for Etherley Parish.
2. Nomination papers may be obtained from the offices of the Returning Officer, Room 1/104-115, County Hall, Durham, DH1 5UL during the times stated below.
3. Nomination papers must be delivered, by hand, to the Returning Officer, Durham Room, County Hall, Durham, DH1 5UL, between 10am and 4pm on any working day from Friday 26 March 2021 (excluding bank holidays) but no later than 4pm on Thursday 8 April 2021.
4. If any election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 6 May 2021.
5. Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on Monday 19 April 2021. Applications can be made online: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
6. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Room 1/104-115, County Hall, Durham, DH1 5UL by 5 pm on Tuesday, 20 April 2021.
7. Applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Room 1/104-115, County Hall, Durham, DH1 5UL by 5 pm on Tuesday, 27 April 2021.
8. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Room 1/104-115, County Hall, Durham, DH1 5UL by 5 pm on Thursday, 6 May 2021.
Dated Thursday 25 March 2021 John Hewitt
Printed and published by the Returning Officer, Room 1/104-115, County Hall, Durham, DH1 5UL
Further information is available using the link below:
Nomination deadline for elections on Thursday 6 May 2021
Prospective candidates wishing to stand in County Durham elections as a county councillor, a parish or town councillor or for the role of Police and Crime Commissioner on Thursday 6 May 2021 have until Thursday 8 April to submit their nomination.
Anyone considering standing for election can request a nomination pack from Durham County Council’s electoral services team by calling 03000 261 212. Downloadable packs can be printed from www.durham.gov.uk/elections2021
Due to legislative changes to the number of electors needed to subscribe to the County Council and Police and Crime Commissioner election nomination papers, the nomination packs for these will be available once the new legislation has been finalised.
Prospective parish and town council candidates can also request nomination packs via the parish clerk of the parish or town council which they wish to stand for.
The deadline for nominations is 4pm on Thursday 8 April 2021.
Anyone unable to download a nomination pack should contact Durham County Council’s electoral services team on 03000 261 212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a pack to be posted.
Further information for prospective candidates can also be found on the Electoral Commission website at www.electoralcommission.org.uk
Those who would like to vote by post in this year’s elections can request an application form by going to www.durham.gov.uk/postalvote
Alternatively, call the electoral services team on 03000 261 212.